Thursday, July 14, 2005

It's not quite like getting a short straw...

A few years ago, when I started office work, I was fitted at 17-34/35 for shirts, and it was the gold standard for a long time. Then around holiday time last year, it was correctly pointed out to me that my sleeves were too short (even though my arms haven't gotten longer), so I've had to buy a bunch of new shirts at 36/37 length (which are harder to find) as funds allow. But I still had all of these old 34/35s in the closet gathering dust, some of them with only one or two wearings...until I realized that on a low-laundry day, I can use one of those shirts with the sleeves rolled up and nobody's the wiser....

So there's another tip from your tightwad Uncle Stan.

6 Talked Back:

At July 14, 2005 at 2:09:00 PM CDT, Blogger Jim said...

Q: Where did Napoleon keep his armies?
A: Up his sleevies!

So, if your armies not be longies, why your sleevies need be biggies?

 

At July 14, 2005 at 3:02:00 PM CDT, Blogger stan said...

I thought that a correct sleeve length went to the base of my hand when the arms were at my side, but then when I raised them up, the sleeves rode up the arms really far (and if the cuffs were buttoned, they made it very uncomfortable when I raised my arms up).

So now the sleeves go to the base of my hand when the arms are in front of me, and my full range of motion is comfortable again.

 

At July 14, 2005 at 3:44:00 PM CDT, Blogger Jim said...

were you in a lot of holdup's?

 

At July 14, 2005 at 5:49:00 PM CDT, Blogger stan said...

No, but I am now, at least three per day, and I'm quite comfortable, thank you very much. :)

 

At July 14, 2005 at 11:15:00 PM CDT, Blogger Jim said...

well, old guys say everything get longer as you get older ;)

 

At July 15, 2005 at 8:28:00 AM CDT, Blogger stan said...

Like the amount of time it takes to do everything gets longer, especially driving from one place to another...

 

Okay, now it's your turn | Home