Friday, July 01, 2005

"...and the Gamberi Fra Diavolo tastes like bird droppings"

I was looking at an online menu for a little Italian restaurant in Whitefish, Montana called Mambo Italiano, and something struck me as odd. Next to a few items on the menu is a little symbol that looks like a red sprig of something. At the top of the page, I read that the sprig represents Mambo Recommendations.

So I'm wondering, if Mambo makes every item on the menu, why do they only recommend a few? Do they not care about the other dishes? What happens when a customer asks about the Sun Dried Tomato Penne, or the Linguini Alla Carbonara? "Oh no, sir, we don't recommend that one at all, it's disgusting."

4 Talked Back:

At July 1, 2005 at 10:57:00 PM CDT, Blogger Jim said...

To quote: "I was looking at an online menu for a little Italian restaurant in Whitefish, Montana called Mambo Italiano, and something struck me as odd." Stan, are you planning on ordering out? The Pappa Biagio Bolognese is going to be a little cool by the time it gets to you. :)

 

At July 2, 2005 at 1:07:00 PM CDT, Blogger stan said...

I was actually remembering the time I took the train to Whitefish, stayed in the area for a few days, and explored Glacier National Park. At Mambo Italiano, I ordered the Fettuccine Alla Lulubella, and liked it so much that I ordered a double portion to go, for the train ride home.

And yes, it was cold when I got here, because of the small cooler I brought :)

 

At July 2, 2005 at 7:24:00 PM CDT, Blogger Jim said...

oh, well then, it makes perfect sense that you were spending your afternoon looking at their online menu -- Happy 4th

 

At July 6, 2005 at 5:42:00 PM CDT, Blogger Scott said...

Hey Stan,

I finally started my own blog.

-Scott

 

Okay, now it's your turn | Home