Tuesday, June 28, 2005

The nails in my coffin will be painted red

What is it about fingernails that make them so difficult to hear?

Fingernails on a blackboard annoy most people, although most of us in the working world don't have to worry about that anymore. I knew a guy who would go nuts if you scraped your fingernails along the side of a cardboard box. When I clip my own nails, I have to bite my lower lip to keep from grinding my teeth, because of that 'tink' sound. But the worst sound of all, in my opinion, is the sound of long fingernails typing on a computer keyboard.

I work in cubicle land, and I am literally surrounded by women. Women who dress and present themselves in varying degrees of office-appropriate fashion, some of whom have long fingernails. And there is nothing wrong with that at all. But there is one woman in very close proximity whose nails sound like a horror movie about killer cockroaches. Tickatickatickatickatickatick I just wanna go over there and jam mittens over her hands!

Personally, I have to clip my nails down to near nothing, or else they'll slip all over the place while I'm typing. I imagine that if I had extremely long nails I wouldn't be able to type more than one or two sentences a day. How these women do it, I'll never know.

6 Talked Back:

At June 28, 2005 at 6:04:00 PM CDT, Blogger Scott said...

it's kind of like a metal fork and knife rubbing together

 

At June 28, 2005 at 6:23:00 PM CDT, Blogger Jim said...

my dog like to drag the metal garden shovel up and down the concrete driveway, you can hear the neightbors shrieking in the distance

 

At June 28, 2005 at 7:07:00 PM CDT, Blogger stan said...

Hey, Jim, you may have noticed that I linked your blog from my comic strip site as well. But you don't need to reciprocate, as I'm represented twice already... :)

 

At June 29, 2005 at 2:07:00 AM CDT, Blogger Jim said...

it's a little known fact, but Stan is actually responsible for 99.99% of all blogs in existence -- except for your's, mine, and one written by a slightly demented eighty-six year old Haitian woman living in Duluth, Stan pretends he is three million different people and authors blogs in each of their names, he has not slept in four years -- I added the link!

 

At June 29, 2005 at 10:59:00 AM CDT, Blogger stan said...

Gee, if I have three million blogs out there, I suppose I ought to link to your blog from more than just these three places. :)

 

At June 29, 2005 at 11:37:00 AM CDT, Blogger Jim said...

yeh!

 

Okay, now it's your turn | Home